Awarded by the town of Rivervale
PortfolioGen Profile for Megan (Portfoliogen)
- PortfolioGen Member Since 2011
I am so excited to be working with children and really making a difference in their lives. Being a teacher is who I am and what I have always wanted to be.
My teaching methodologies main objective is to inspire learning of content as well as developing the skills necessary for students to explore content and draw intelligent conclusions independently. I am committed to inspiring this critical exploration through stimulating teamwork amongst peers, being aware of different learning styles, teaching across subject boundaries, providing individualized accommodations, involving students in goal setting where appropriate, and being able to recognize and seize the moment when teachable moments occur. All of these approaches can be fostered through creative lesson planning
Elementary Teacher (K-6)
Sep 2010 - Present
Woodside Elementary School
River Vale, NJ
- Earned high marks for the quality and creativity of classroom teaching, lesson plans and instructional materials used in teaching diverse subjects (e.g., language arts, mathematics, science, social studies and history).
- Developed innovative approaches that were repeatedly held up as the model standard for meeting district goals in areas including technology integration across the curriculum, experiential learning, literacy and diversity.
- Taught general education students as well as individuals with learning challenges and special needs within a mainstreamed, inclusive classroom.
- Consistently commended for ability to redirect students exhibiting behavior problems by replacing disruptive, unproductive patterns with positive behaviors. As a result, selected to lead district-wide in-service on classroom management.
- Actively served on a variety of school committees and task forces focused on curriculum development, textbook review, fundraising and anti-bullying efforts.
- Established positive relationships with students, parents, fellow teachers and school administrators/staff.
University of ArizonaSep 1999 - Aug 2003Degree: BAMajor: EconomicsMinor: PsychologyGPA: 3.75
Stanford UniversitySep 2004 - Jun 2007Degree: Master in TeachingGPA: 3.95
Rutgers University-New BrunswickSep 2019 - PresentDegree: BAMajor: SociologyGPA: 3.9
Things I Love
Below are some of my interests along with hobbies I enjoy.
- Computer Science
- Creative & Performance
- Culinary Arts
- Photo & Video
Some sports that I like to play.
Places I Have Been
I've traveled throughout Japan and would love to visit again sometime very soon !!!
Kyoto, Kyoto Prefecture, Japan
This is my favorite city
Mount Fuji, Kitayama, Fujinomiya, Shizuoka Prefecture 418-0112, Japan
Narita International Airport(C)
1-1 Furugome, Narita, Chiba Prefecture 282-0004, Japan
Books I Like
Here are some books that I enjoy